>  > From: Edward Croft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  Card sorters? You had card sorters? Ok, we *may* have had
>  one, but I'm not
>  sure.

yes and damn glad of it......

>  Then there's my "favorite" - the time in school when my
>  short program would
>  not run, and would not run, JCL error, and it was the
only
>  time that I went
>  to the lab assistant for help...and he found the bug by
>  looking at the
>  punches...and realized that one of the two machines that
>  were kept free for
>  typos was punching *other* than what it printed....

must have been a common problem as I remember that happening
too.

>  > I always wondered what happened to you old geezers. I
>  remember the whine
>
>  Uh, out of work developer/Unix/Linux sysadmin....
>  <snip>
>       mark

heck if my boss wasnt such a @#$%^ and you were local to
jersey,
I'd hired you instantly cause I KNOW I would get a decent
days work out of you
instead of having to constantly chase the children here off
the Internet Playland.

Hey, ssssh, be very quiet, I think the children have finally
dozed off to sleep....

I have to remember to wake the little dears when five pm
finally arrives.
They get real cranky if they oversleep and dont get to go to
the shore over the weekend.