> I've ventured down the new (for me) path of downloading RH9.  Seemingly
they
> downloaded just fine.
> I only have a CD burner on my Win2K system.  I used Easy CD Creator to
burn
> the CD's.
>
> When I go to do a new install on my Intelx86,  itstarts through the
install
> until it gets to what looks to be looking for the kernel image.  Then It
says
> it can't find the image.  Now this is the sam CD that I am running this
> install program from.

I had an issue with this when I tried to burn my cd's at 32x speed.  It went
away when I tried burning them at 8x speed.  But then, I have a cheap
burner. :)

Also, I saw a thread earlier that the RH installer has a problem with large
amounts of memory when the cdrom drive has dma enabled.  (large in the case
of the thread was 512M RAM).  You might try seeing if you can turn off dma
to your cdrom in your computer's BIOS and try installing again.

HTH,

Ben