On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 15:13, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> > >Does this mean that I won't be downloading RH 10, but instead will be
> > >downloading Fedora 10 or something?
> >
> > Fedora Core 1 (Cambridge), apparently, which will contain everything you
> > expected to see in Red Hat Linux 10 and more due to the contributions of
> > the Fedora Project.
>
> Okay, now for the big question:  RHCE?
>
> As I understand it, the current RHCE exam is based on RH 8.0.  If RedHat is
> now dropping the free version of RedHat in favor of the Fedora Project, is
> the RHCE going to be splintered?  Or are they going to change the test to be
> based on the Enterprise Linux?

I wish I knew.  RH was very prompt about explaining to current RHCE's
how the original numbering changes would affect our certification
period.  I haven't heard anything from RH since they've issued the press
release that signalled the end of the "retail" version.

Previously, my certification was due to expire around RH 12.  I have no
idea now.

> Now I know I must be getting old, I'm getting tired of all the change that
> abounds...*sigh*

No kidding.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE