On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Gerry Doris wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
>
> > > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmmm, I wonder where the rpm put the spamassassin executable.  Mine is in
> > > /usr/bin/spamassassin.  See if it's there and it's in your path.
> >
> > Well, I see a /usr/bin/spamassassin binary.  I'm not sure who the
> > MailScanner is running as, so I don't know about the path, but I did try
> > setting the binary path in the MailScanner.conf file:

<snip>

> I have no idea why it doesn't work for you.  I haven't touched the Prefix
> equates at all.  Then again, I installed my last version of SpamAssassin
> using CPAN.  However, before that I just used their rpm's.
>
> BTW, /usr/bin/spamassassin isn't a binary.  It's a perl script.

Sorry, you're correct.  I'm getting tired and sloppy.  I should have
checked to see if it was, in fact a binary.  Your pointing that out to me
caused me to look at the script, and it gave me another place to look, to
wit:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin

Unfortunately, that didn't work either. *sigh*

I tried rpm -q --filesbypkg perl-Mail-SpamAssassin

which shows a bunch of files .pm files in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/

I tried rpm -q --filesbypkg spamassassin

but it was the /usr/bin/spam* scripts and some man files.

At this point I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up.  I don't have the
time to mess with it.

Thanks for all of your help, though!

Ben