Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Gerry Doris wrote:

There is no need to mess with MailScanner.  Also, if you check on the
SpamAssassin site you can find rpm's for RH 9.  The MailScanner folks
frown on using these rpm's but they've worked for me.  The other option is
to install SpamAssassin from CPAN.  That's pretty painless and it's
included in the SpamAssassin doc's.

I just installed the SpamAssassin 2.55 rpms. That part of the install went smoothly. At least spamd came up just fine.
I then told Mailscanner to use the SpamAssassin in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf, but then whenever I start MS, I get the following error in my /var/log/maillog:

Sep 22 19:08:03 mail MailScanner[2682]: SpamAssassin installation could not be found

This may not help but I've never had a problem installing MailScanner + SA, but then I've always followed the step-by-step instructions on the MailScanner site.

Their instructions do not include RPM type setups.

Probably has nothing to do with it, but may be worth a shot?

Regards,
Ed.