I have a new RH 5.0 system going and am running xemacs 20.4.
In vm vm-get-new-mail is not getting new mail from spool.  I am
getting no error message just "No new mail".  I tried changing
vm-spool-files to (setq vm-spool-files   '("~/temp/mbox") ) and doing

chmod 777 ~/temp
chmod 777 ~/temp/mbox

but I still get the "No new mail" message.  ~/temp/mbox does have mail
in it that can be read with pine or mail. I have tried some
suggestions I read about changing group of movemail to mail, but that
hasn't helped.  I also reinstalled vm but that didn't help.  If you
have any suggestions please help.  Thanks.

--
Danny Rice