dr> Why doesn't

dr> (setq vm-spool-files   '("/var/spool/mail/dwrice") )

dr> work?

>> This doesn't tell it where to spool the messages from. Read the info
>> and FAQ on VM. I have links on my page {below} to some of this info.

dr> I read the FAQ again.  Like info, it says I should be able to just use
dr> (setq vm-spool-files   '("/var/spool/mail/dwrice") ) since I am
dr> getting mail from a local spool directory.  I have never had problems
dr> with it on other systems.  The other mail utilities read from
dr> /var/spool/mail/dwrice with no problem also.  Were you thinking I was
dr> accessing a remote spool?  Sorry if I was unclear.

Yes, I assumed you were talking about a local spool file and a remote
pop site. If this is not the case then use something like:

(setq vm-spool-files
 '(("~/INBOX" "/var/spool/mail/dwrice" "~/Mail/INBOX.CRASH")

I also have a sample .vm file I can make available to you to get
started.

If this doesn't work contact me offline and I'll be glad to help
further, this list is already too congested withe stuff like this.

--
Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]