:-)
Hey thanks BUT
something has gone amiss here
I am not the origianl poster , in fact my line as posted works fine, my RAN is
detected, all of it
 I was only pointing out the spaces
as in append="mem=128m"
or  append = "mem=128m"

I have the second line with the spaces which does work, with larg M or small m
but does not work without the spaces as in the first line
Thought it might help the original poster
Will the original poster please stand up :-)
At least tell us if you fixed it yet

Regards to all
Phil

in (very nearly) hurricane blown Puerto Rico

Yes, I believe this may be your problem Phil.  If I recall, I had a similar