Jake,

>I've tried all those options and am having no luck.  Do you think you
>could send me the saved options of your kernel that you built.  I should
>then only need to modify my scsi adapter and stuff.  Maybe I am just
>missing a module or something invisible to me.]

Will do, but it'll have to wait till I'm in the same place as the server -
which would be my basement.  I didn't really make too many changes to the
default kernel options.  Generally when compiling a kernel I'll look at all
the options but since it's a test server I only tried those specific to the
problem.  Are you using config, menuconfig or xconfig?  I generally use
menuconfig, although I think they all save the file.  I can send you that
if you want.

I'm wondering if it isn't raid that you're tripping over but the SCSI stuff
instead...are you compiling the SCSI stuff into the kernel or leaving it
modular?  There are several things that go with SCSI in addition to the
hardware drivers - maybe you've missed one of those.

What are you trying to accomplish by compiling your own kernel?  Are you
trying to include only those things you need and leave everything out or do
you want the SCSI & RAID drivers compiled in or?  (Note:  I'm not saying
you shouldn't compile your own - I typically do, I'm just trying to get the
overall picture.  There's nothing like the feeling of a server booting with
*your* kernel!)

-Eric

Eric Sisler
Library Computer Technician