I made an initrd image /sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.2.14.img 2.2.14
(kerel name is vmlinuz-2.2.14)
My adaptec 2940 is being found but my system cannot mount / and stops
because of this.  Is there anyway I can capture the output of the startup
even though it doesn't complete?  (dmesg would be nice put remember I am
not at a prompt yet!)
Thanks,
        Jake