Jake,

Did you make a ram disk image to load your raid software?  I
had a problem like that when i upgraded kernels.  None of my
scsi drivers were loading. After you make a ramdisk, you'll
need to tell lilo to use that when it boots up the system.
Here's the relevant entry from my lilo.conf:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
        label=linux
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda2

Read the mkinitrd man page.  It should explain everything.

--Juan

Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
                -- Anonymous