Jake Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am having a problem booting my newly compiled kernel.  The new kernel
>will not mount /root which is raid0.  I looked through the configuration 5
>times and cannot see what I am doing wrong.  I am using 2 1gig disks with
>an Adaptec 2940, abit bh6 with a celeron ppga 400.  My machine runs fine
>with the default redhat kernel which is 2.2.12-20.  I'm stuck.

I was just getting ready to ask a similar question.  I just installed 6.1
on a testbed server and configured all the filesystems as RAID1, including
/ and /boot.  I was wondering about the mechanics of this with a custom
kernel.  I'm guessing that initrd has been rewritten to include the various
raid personalities support.  My *guess* at this point is:

The SCSI card drivers can be built-in or modularized.
Whichever raid type you're using for / and /boot must be left as modules.
You must build an initrd image, so it'll have the raid drivers.

Does anyone have any idea if this is even close to correct?  I'm planning
on testing it myself, but maybe this will help you in the meantime.

-Eric

Eric Sisler
Library Computer Technician
Westminster Public Library