Thanks for your help.  The Then restart xfs, and 'xset +fp <new_path>' and
'xset fp
rehash' just to be clear is that what I type or do I enter the font path
name <new_path> here and rehash is what I type?  Also I put the fonts in dir
TrueType rather than truetype -assume this doesn't matter.  Ta. NH