On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 03:45:05PM +0000, Neil Hollow wrote:
> Thanks for your help.  The Then restart xfs, and 'xset +fp
> <new_path>' and 'xset fp rehash' just to be clear is that what I
> type or do I enter the font path name <new_path> here and rehash is
> what I type?

Substitute whatever the real path name is for the font dir in place of
<new_path>. Then, 'xset fp rehash' (without quotes). You also need to
add the new fontpath of xfs's fontpath:

 chkfontpath --add <whatever_new_fontpath_is>

before restarting xfs.

> Also I put the fonts in dir TrueType rather than
> truetype -assume this doesn't matter.  Ta. NH

If you are asking whether the case matters or not, I do not believe so
for the dir name, but for font file names, yes it does. Both need to
be world readable too.

 http://216.78.197.97/xstuff/xfs.html

--
Hal B