On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Zaigui Wang wrote:

> I sent out this message sometime ago but did not get much response.
> Someone on the list did point out that it has to do with the GNome
> manager, but no remedy was suggested.
>
> Can anybody help please?

Did you try something like this to at least be aware of what is causing
the problem?

who 2>errors.out

This will copy all errors to the errors.out file (you can name it anything
else), so that you can then run more or less on it and see if you get any
error messages.

Just a thought, although I'm afraid it may not help much.  I'm still
learning muself.   :-)

---------
Nitebirdz
---------
It's not too late to turn back from the "Gates" of Hell...
Linux: the free 32-bit operating system, available NOW.
Why waaaaaait for NT? (Brandon S. Allbery)