At 17:26 00/02/27 -0600, you wrote:
>Because the RH6.1 installation blindly went out and reset all of the
>hard disk partition tables, I've lost years worth of work.
>
>Yes, there is a note on the left that says the Linux data will be lost.
>The LINUX data, not MY data.  Instead of listing all of the Linux partitions
>that it found and asking which ones it can remove, and/or, which ones it
>can use but leave the partitions the same, it blindly destroys.
>
>That is very nasty and very bad.  Situations could arise where the system
>needs
>to be reloaded, but not everything needs to be screwed with and RedHat's
>installation totally screwed me.
>
>Right now I am extremely unhappy with what RedHat's installation did to me.
>
>The installation MUST be fixed so that disks are not blindly destroyed.
>Little warnings on the left just don't cut it.  Especially when previous
>installations at least gave you the chance to keep a partition from
>being destroyed.

There is an upgrade option below for you to upgrade your system right?

those options on the top allows for quick installations of what redhat thinks
are standard packages for workstations or servers. it also automatically
allocates
swap and directories on all drives, meant for those first timers.
I believe these are stated in the redhat manual.

Where is FDISK when you need it?

it is in expect mode.

>BTW, before someone says, where are your tape backups... the Exabyte
>drive died.  So, I used the available space on the other drive to backup
>the system, foolishing thinking that the drive would be left alone.

It would be left alone if you had choosen upgrade right ?

regards,
sixx