> Do you always just plunge into something and then when it goes wrong
> wonder why it didnt work the way you wished and only then start reading
> the manuals?

As mentioned earlier, no manuals were available.

> RedHat has a really nice Installation-guide and that clearly states
> that a server and workstation install wipe your disks.
> If you dont want that you will have to go for a custom install.

Nice, if it were available.

> You cant blame RedHat for your ignorance.

I can when previous installations gave the user an out or the ability
to define which disks get used.  This install was a step backwards.
As pointed out by other posters, an installation should never do what it
did.

Let's close this thread and let RedHat decide internally if they are going
to fix this or not.

MB