At 07:07 2000-02-28 -0600, Vidiot wrote:
>> Do you always just plunge into something and then when it goes wrong
>> wonder why it didnt work the way you wished and only then start reading
>> the manuals?
>
>As mentioned earlier, no manuals were available.

The manuals are both included with the product and available online. If you
have the resources to download the product, then you have the resources to
read the manual. Your decision not to take advantage of this is not the
same thing as it not being available.

The manuals may be found by following either the "support" or "download"
links from <http://www.redhat.com/>. I'm not sure how much more available
they can be... other than browser to the 'docs' directory on the
installation CD.

>> You cant blame RedHat for your ignorance.
>
>I can when previous installations gave the user an out or the ability
>to define which disks get used.  This install was a step backwards.
>As pointed out by other posters, an installation should never do what it
>did.

You had the ability, it's called "Custom" install. You chose not to use it.

Most of us have made this mistake and we understand why you might be upset.
But your assignment of responsibility to the vendor is misplaced. If you
want to make choices then don't choose the default.

 Tony
 --
 Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Homepage and PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>