Does anyone know if the system running Linux will be reliable if I
delete and remake partitions to different format within partitions?  Ex.

hda1:    W95 FAT32 (Win98)    2G
hda2:    Win95 Ext. LBA    6G
hda5:    FAT32    2G
hda6:    /boot     24M
hda7:    FAT16 (Share files between Win98 and Linux)    1.9G
hda8:    Linux Swap    125M
hda9:    Linux root    2G

I wanted to decrease size in hda5 from 2G to 1.9G FAT32and add 100M
FAT16 and delete hda7 FAT16 and convert it into Linux native.  Ex.

hda1:    W95 FAT32 (Win98)    2G
hda2:    Win95 Ext. LBA    6G
hda5:    FAT32    1.9G
hda6:    FAT16 (Share files between Win98 and Linux)    100M
hda7:    /boot    24M
hda8:    Linux native    1.9G
hda9:    Linux Swap    125M
hda10:  Linux root    2G

Is that possible without compromising the stability of the system?  Or
do I have to remove all the latter partitions starting from the point I
wish to delete?  I have done that about half year ago using MS Fdisk
with Fat32 enabled and deleting partitions between partitions and it
corrupted the partitions and the MS fdisk program itself and had to
delete all the latter partitions so the MS fdisk program will read right
and restart the program again and do it over again.  I prefer the way
Linux partitions store files because MS Windows does not support
multiple dots in the file name such as XXXXX.XXX.XXX.XXX but only
XXXXXXXX.XXX or XXXXXX~1.XXX.  When I store Linux files in Windows
partitions it convert XXXXX.XXX.XXX.XXX into XXXXX_XXX_XXX.XXX.  I
currently have too many files I wanted to keep but I have no way to back
all those up since I only have floppies.  No, I do not plan to use
partition magic.  I am very comfortable using old fashioned fdisk in
Linux.

CH