I'm preparing to install an IDE 45gb hard drive on a RH6.1 system.  It's
not a primary drive, and will mainly be used for extra storage of
documents.  I have a few elementary questions:

1) Other than making sure IDE support is compiled into the kernel, what
steps do I need to take to prepare for installing this device?

2) What steps are necessary to get it properly formatted for Linux?

3) Would it be okay to devote the entire 45gb to one partition, or will
it be necessary to divide it into numerous partitions?  If I need to
create more than one partition, how big should they be?

4) Also, I have a 4.5gb SCSI drive which currently mounts as /data on
/dev/sdb1.  Once I get the 45gb drive installed, all of the data on
/data will be moved to the new drive, leaving /dev/sdb1 unoccupied.  How
do I go about (a) deleting the partition and (b) redefining it as /www?
Basically, I'm wanting to move all webserver-related files to this one
drive.

Thanks!
--
Steve