Here's my rant too:

I had 4.61 installed, and that worked fine. installed 4.71 and that didn't
work to good. went back to 4.61 and all hell broke loose! crashes as soon
as you look at it in a funny way. downloading 4.72 to see what happens.

I can't even turn the javascript off either, because I need it for work.

I'm pissed off with the state of web browsers too. I'm still waiting for a
stable version of Opera. once that comes along, bye bye Netscape...

chris.

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, C Heath wrote:

> Yes, I had.  I had Netscape 4.5 cutting off where I had to restart Netscape
> related to java error.  I upgraded to 4.6-1 and had no problem however I
> recall it froze.  I do not tolerate too well with frozen apps but I really
> like the nuke function with right clicking the x button then restart Netscape
> and after a couple of times it appears to stop anymore.
>
> CH
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I have java and javascript turned off and netscape 4.71 or 4.72 doesn't
> > crash on java-related site. However, my complain with netscape 4.71 is
> > this. It sometimes (seems randomly) will go into this cpu-hungry mode and
> > consume the cpu at nearly 100% for several minutes (usually 3 minutes or
> > more). During this period, I can't scroll, click or do anything at all
> > with it. The whole page just goes blank. After that, everything is normal
> > again. I had the same problem when using redhat 6.0 and netscape 4.5, but
> > it happened less less often. Anyone has the same problem?

> > > No, alot of people are having stability with Netscape and
> > > _insertplatformhere_.  I don't think i've ever had a browser crash as
> > > much as Netscape 4.71 + 128bit encryp does.
> > >
> > > Anyway.  I have to surf with java off.  Too risky otherwise... i'll crash
> > > in the middle of a download, etc...
> > >
> > > jason

> > --
> as the Subject.

- If a manager offers "constructive advice" and no-one is around to hear it,
    is he still an idiot?
        - anonymous

Chris Dowling.