Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying color feature for the man pages
in RH 6.2?

I renamed the colorls.* files in /etc/profile.d and changed

        COLOR tty
        COLOR none

in /etc/DIR_COLOR, but the man pages are still in color making them practically
unreadable, especially against the black background I prefer for my terminals
windows. I can't find any documentation for diabling this feature for the
manpages.

IMHO, this feature is completely unnecessary and extremely annoying. RH should
have left this feature turned off by default and documented how to turn it *on*
instead.

--
Prentice Bisbal
[EMAIL PROTECTED]