I haven't loaded 6.2 yet, but I detest the color "ls" that has been around
for a while.  It makes things much harder to read on just about any kind
of background.  The light blue is nearly unreadable on a white background
and the dark blue is nearly unreadable on a black background.  Other
background colors are likely to have similar problems.

It also breaks scripts, putting rubbish escape sequences into the output.

I definitely agree that it should **NOT** be the default!

If you find out how to make this bad undesirable behavior go away, please
send me the solution.

        pete peterson
        GenRad, Inc.
        7 Technology Park Drive
        Westford, MA 01886-0033

        [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        +1-978-589-7478 (GenRad);  +1-978-256-5829 (Home: Chelmsford, MA)
        +1-978-589-2088 (Closest FAX); +1-978-589-7007 (Main GenRad FAX)