get yourself an imac - the current models are fan-less and silent...
just like the old mac classics, my old atari 1040stfm (I'm pretty
sure that was silent anyway) and your loyal old C64...

but then again the c64 didn't come with a Harman Kardon sound system built in!

you could install connectix virtual PC on your new imac and run
yourself the funkiest linux server on your block!

<ducks for cover and dons flame retardant suit>

:)