>However, I cannot get the WD to be recognized for all 13.6 GB.  I tried
>many bios and jumper settings and all I ever get is 8.4 GB.  I guess I need
>to get the BIOS to recognize all 13.6 in order to fdisk it, right?  Any ideas?
>-Alan Mead

New motherboard fixes the 8.4 GB problem.  It is a BIOS issue.  I believe that
if you install Linux on it, you can see the whole drive.  It is just that the
boot stuff has to be within the first 1024 cylinders, which isn't a problem.

Because your motherboard doesn't know about large drives, I doubt that it
will let you boot SCSI.  My new Tyan board, with which I am having interrupt
problems, allows you to boot from all four IDE drives, the floppy, an
ARMD-floppy, ARMD-HDD, ATAPI CD-ROM, SCSI, network and I20 (I20?).

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Bart: Hey, why is it destroying other toys?  Lisa: They must have