At 09:57 PM 6/27/00 , you wrote:

>Sorry about this.  I did not read all the note from the first time.  One
>thing is that if your SYSTEM will only
>do 8.4 you MUST get the BIOS upgraded.  You have one of the older bios
>that has an 8 gig limit.
>Contact Dell and let them give you a bios upgrade.  Or go by a promise
>Enhanced IDE card.  They are
>about 30 or so dollars US.  That will help you with the size limit.

Hey Steven,

I think you're correct that if I was booting the drive, I would have to get
the BIOS to recognize it.  And as far as I can tell, by BIOS is limited to
8.4 GB.  So I would have to upgrade.

Luckily, I'm not booting it and Linux has no such limitations.  It works
great, all 13.6 GB, as non-bootable hdc.  (Although cfdisk sure did want me
to set a bot flag on one of the partitions).

-Alan