My linux box at home is a dual-PPro motherboard (only uni-processor
right now -- 2nd CPU died) with a built-in 10/100 Intel EtherExpress
NIC.
For some reason it has stopped seeing the network. My *guess* since I
can ping the box from another machine is that somehow it got set to
100 Megabit-only from 10/100 (only have 10 Mbit network.)

The other wierdness is that it doesn't show a default gateway when I
type "route" at the command line. However, my linux box here at work
DOES show the default route. When I open up netcfg or linuxconf, it
shows the default route just fine.

any ideas???
        Thanks...