From: "John Aldrich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: Help! Network stopped working!

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Jake McHenry wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Bret Hughes wrote:
> >
> > --I don't know for sure but I would be suprised if even ping would work
if
> > --there was a 10/100 MB confusion.
> >

> > that's right. If you have a 10 meg network, and try to link up at 100
meg,
> > the link lights normally will blink, or just not come on at all. It will
work
> > the other way, connect at 10 meg on 100 meg network.
> >

> Hmm...I wonder if the kernel thinks (somehow) it's connected at
> 100MB, but the NIC itself realizes it's 10 MB? That would explain why
> I can ping the linux box but the linux box can't ping out...
> John
>

> --
> as the Subject.

Anyone sending unsolicited bulk email (UBE, SPAM) to this
address will be charged a $25 handling fee plus a $5 network
traffic fee per started kilobyte.  By extracting my address
from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.
Nevertheless, spammers trying to auto-extract addresses
from this message will definitely want to include
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]