[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I was thinking Yamaha too, what type of scsi card would you recommend
> for an internal scsi drive?

Actually, another drive I'd recommend is a Plextor.  I'm using their
8/20 drive in my machine, after trying others.  I tend to feel that
Plextor & Yamaha are the two best choices.

As to scsi cards, best current choices, IMO, are BusLogic/Mylex BT-958
and Adaptec 2940U2W.  I'm using both of them.  Zero problems with the
Adaptec, 1 chip failure on the Buslogic, with prompt replacement by
Mylex.  Buslogic has supported linux for a long time; initially by
providing full details to Leonard Zubkopff, the driver writer (now at
VA Linux) and free cards.  Their boxes have proclaimed Linux support
for several years now.

rickf
--
Rick Forrister                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"To get something done a committee should consist of no more than
 three people, two of whom are absent."  Robert Copeland