On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, you wrote:

> As to scsi cards, best current choices, IMO, are BusLogic/Mylex BT-958
> and Adaptec 2940U2W.  I'm using both of them.  Zero problems with the
> Adaptec, 1 chip failure on the Buslogic, with prompt replacement by
> Mylex.  Buslogic has supported linux for a long time; initially by
> providing full details to Leonard Zubkopff, the driver writer (now at
> VA Linux) and free cards.  Their boxes have proclaimed Linux support
> for several years now.

It's my understanding that Advansys has been supporting linux almost
from the beginning, and that Adaptec only recently started supporting
linux by releasing the programming info for the drivers. Seems to me
that Advansys would be a better card. Certainly, they're about half
the cost of Adaptec and seem to be just as good.
        John