On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Ahbaid Gaffoor wrote:

= Thanks...
=
= I was thinking Yamaha too, what type of scsi card would you recommend for an
= internal scsi drive?
=
= ....

Here's a tip.  Don't buy a new Yamaha CDRW.  Get a refurb.  I bought a new
8424 which worked for about three minutes.  When I called Yamaha to get a
replacement (well within the first 30 days of purchase) they said they
would replace it with a refurbished drive, not a new one.  The guy
understood that it wasn't quite fair that I bought a new drive and would
end up with a refurb, but "that's the policy."  So it doesn't make much
sense to pay extra for a new one.

kf

--
Familiarity breeds contempt.