Yes, the physical network is working.  I have a triple boot on this system
(Win98/Win2k/RH6.0) and
the LAN works fine in both Win98 and Win2k.  So, hardware-wise I should be fine.  I am
unable to
ping either way using either the IP or the boxname.

Speaking of boxname, how do I name the linux box?  I'm a bit confused as to what to
put in the
domain box in linuxconf.  I also noticed a similar box in the config section for my
adapter -
"primary name + domain."  Again, I'm not sure what to put in there.

Thanks for the info on the files...

FYI - internet connection sharing is only included in Win98 Second Edition and Win2k.
:(

Jason