Okay, I can't even begin to tell you how stupid I feel right now.  I almost
want to make up some fix that I had to apply to get this to work.  Turns
out, I mistyped the IP address for my Windows box.  I had it set to
192.160.0.1.  Doh!  Feel free to call me whatever names you can come up
with...  :)  Your message lead me to discover this - the windows box
couldn't ping itself.  Thought that was odd and explored further.  Man, I
feel dumb...  :)  Granted, I didn't have the default route setup
previously, so this wasn't all for naught...

Thanks to all who helped.  :)

As for the nameserver, I don't have an IP for the one I use.  I have DNS
disabled in my TCP/IP settings.  Can I use my windows box as the DNS by chance?

Also, any thoughts on how I can share the net connection?  As mentioned
previously, Win98 std. doesn't have net sharing included.

Jason