I'm starting to feel uneducated ;-)

ok, so it's "correct". Well, I don't really like that - I want it to show
the real deal, I.E. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What do I need to do to send that?
here's my /etc/hosts (with sensitive info blocked out):

127.0.0.1       original-hostname-not-in-dns        localhost.localdomain
localhost
123.123.123.123  FQDN-in-dns      current-hostname-in-dns

Obviously, with a real IP and real names.

Should I change that localhost.localdomain in 127.0.0.1 to our real FQDN ?