[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Marco Shaw wrote:
> This is Linux after all, and just like a message I read about GLIBC
> and
> RedHat being the first to implement it in a customer release...
> "Somone's
> got to do it.".
>  However, IIRC, this isn't even a RELEASE version of GLIBC. Why did RH
> decide to ship with a pre-release version of GLIBC that isn't even a
> "Release Candidate" from what I've read... Seems to be poor planning
> IMNSHO. >

The last word I had (from a RH staff member) was that the decision was
made in preparation for kernal 2.4 & gcc 3.0.  The deciding factor
apparantly
was the use of an interface matching the needs of those components.
The
idea is that a minor update should be sufficient to bring 7.0 up with
those components when released.

Prognostication can be a hard way to make a living.
--
Rick Forrister                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Definition:  Honest Politician:  Once bought, stays bought."
                                --Robert Heinlein