On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, David Brett wrote:

> I am getting  frustratred with trying to get Apache, which comes with
> RedHat 6.2.  Has anybody else had problems.  What is happening is a
> partial installation.  I am not getting the bin directory to install.
> There are probably other directories as well.
>
> I have tried removing the installation and reinstalling.  This worked for
> me on another machine, so I don't believe it is the package.
>
> david

Are you installing from RPM, SRPM or tarball?  Are you sure you have enough
space in all partitions in the hard drive?

In any case, the httpd binary seems to install to /usr/sbin/httpd as far as I
can see.  Keep in mind that the RPM installs a slightly different directory
structure than the tarball.

Do you have a http script in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory so you can launch
the daemon?  Does it work if you launch it?

-------------------------------
Nitebirdz
-------------------------------
A master was explaining the nature of the Tao to one of his novices, "The
Tao is embodied in all software -- regardless of how insignificant," said
the master.
-- "Is the Tao in a hand-held calculator?" asked the novice.
-- "It is," came the reply.
-- "Is the Tao in a video game?" continued the novice.
-- "It is even in a video game," said the master.
-- "And is the Tao in the DOS for a personal computer?"
The master coughed and shifted his position slightly. "The lesson is over
for today," he said.