Hello Fred,

 Mikkel answered your question to some extent. The problem is you do not
supply a lot of details on your situation, fe which IP ranges you use, network
topology, configuration of gateways (routers), ie available NIC's, routes etc.
If you still have some questions be sure to supply us with some of that
information.

> I was just given a larger block of IP
> addresses, and the catch is, they are on different subnets.

 If these blocks are adjacent you could try supernetting, ie joining blocks by
decreasing (the number of bits in) the network mask. If this is possible you
won't have to worry about routing traffic locally.

                                        Bye,

                                        Leonard.