On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Kevin Holmquist wrote:

> Weird...
>
> I assume your getting the same results when you install SO without the /net
> switch....
>
> Are you doing a stock install without any custom options?  Do you have the
> Java JRE or SDK installed?  If I remember correctly, I had the Java sdk
> installed and I did a custom install (added Palm support, no Adabas).
>
> I'll try installing with the /net switch tonight and let you know what I
> find.
>
> Kevin Holmqusit

Ok. I installed it both ways. I installed it as a network install and
then installed it as a local install. Both gave the same results. I
noticed someone posted something about using gnome-helix, so I
downloaded that. No luck there either.

Memory or CPU speed shouldn't be a problem as my workstation is a
733 MHz dual P-III with 256MB.

I am at a loss to explain why this isn't working.

Carey

<>  Carey F. Cox, PhD          |  PHONE: (318) 257-3770               <>
<>  Assistant Professor        |  FAX:   (318) 257-2306               <>
<>  Dept. of Mech. Eng.        |  EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]        <>
<>  Louisiana Tech University  |  WEB:   http://www.latech.edu/~cfcox <>