As I have mentioned that Linux took it well meaning that Linux did not act
up.  Win98 did act up when I upgraded to 256mb.  Win98 works good when I
only had 128mb.  It took toooo long just to look for all the drives
available when I open Windows Explorer (file manager) and plus some other
progs.  Win98 did allocate 256mb and use up to about 3/4 of 256mb when I was
running Quake.  It is mostly Win98 issues with 256mb but Linux did not seem
to have much performance drop.  When I boot up Linux I noticed when it
tested transfer rate for RAID arrays in 4 different settings and PII was
991MBps with 128mb ram allocated but with 256mb ram the PII was down to
859MBps.  I do not think it is a very accurate way to test performance in
term what I am looking for but it gave me an idea what is going on.

CH