On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 02:56:01PM +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>               Hi Trond,

> > > The article doesn't appear to note the affected versions of rpc.statd and
> > > wu-ftpd that are affected...do you have any info on that?

> > The ones shipped with Red Hat Linux 6.2, which there have been erratas
> > for forever.

>  Then why does the article state that RedHat 7.0 is affected by the worm as
> well? I thought these wu-ftp and rpc.statd issues were solved before the
> release of 7.0.

        There are two cuts of 7.0 out there.  There is the orginal 7.0
which has several holes in it and then there is the second edition "respin"
7.0 with fixes.  Several advisories have shown up on bugtraq saying that
7.0 was vulnerable to one thing or another only to discover that the
first edition was vulnerable and the second was not.  Anyone have any
ideas whether either or both are vulnerable?

>                               Bye,

>                               Leonard.

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/