>At the risk of compromising my home LAN security, I have a user name on my
>RedHat box - "James."  I know, I know, it's an odd choice for a user name,
>but I like it.

Liking has nothing to do with it.  You have to fit within the rules.

>Unfortunately, Mail/Sendmail doesn't like it.  No matter what I try I cannot
>get mail delivered to user James, James@localhost, James@MyDomain, nothin.

Correct, all user names MUST be lowercase only.

>Sendmail keeps telling me (or, rather e-mailing root) that user "james" is
>unknown - which is accurate, as that user does not exist.

Another correct.  It is following the rules.

>Any clues as to how I can get Mail/Sendmail to accept the fact that my
>usernames may have upper case characters in them?  I've tried aliasing james
>to James, but that doesn't seem to work.

Yep.  Change James to james.  Sorry, it is your only choice.

>If anyone has specific experience with other mail daemons (qmail, zmail?)
>feel free to recommend away.  I'm still a newbie as far as Linux goes and am
>not particularly loyal to any packages.

As far as I know, whatever package you use will have the same "problem."
That is because of the standardization on user name space.  That way anyone can
put whatever they want for a return address and it will get delivered.  Whatever
they want case wise.

Unless the rules have changed recently, you are stuck with "james."

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Bart: Hey, why is it destroying other toys?  Lisa: They must have