On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Simone Lucarelli wrote:

> Hello. I've a problem with the TCP protocol.
> I need to estabilish a TCP conncetion to a SQL server
> machine with a static Ip address using TCP protocol, to 1433
> port.
>
> I use a linux box to connect over the internet, with a squid
> proxy, and enabled masquerading with ipchains.
> It doesn't work, and i can't understand why.
> Microsft SQL says that is impossible to estabilish a
> connection, due to a generic lan failure.
> I tried to make a modprobe to some of the libraries in
> /lib/modules/kernel-version/ipv4/ (i use RedHat 7), but
> Linux says that can't locate those modules.
> Any suggestion?
>
> PS: sorry for my little english :-)
>
> +------------+   SIMONE LUCARELLI
> | _________  | agenzia giornalistica
> ||___   ___| |      TUTTOCALCIO
> |   /  /     |  editrice TuttoPress
> |  /  /  /--\|  tel. 0572.75204 r.a.
> | /_ /   \__/|    fax 0572.766622
> +------------+ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

First the easy part - when you were using the modprobe command, did you
specify the module name as <module>.o or <module>?  Podprobe will fail
if you include the .o at the end of the module name.

Now, for you not being able to connect, what are your firewall rules
like?  It sounds like the port my be blocked by your firewall.

Mikkel