On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Simone Lucarelli wrote:
[snip]

> So do i...
> I tried to install additional rules, such as:
>
> ipchains -A input -s xxx.xxx.xx.x -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1433 -p
> udp -j ACCEPT
> ipchains -A input -s xxx.xxx.xx.x -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1433 -p
> tcp -j ACCEPT
>
> but it still doesn't work...
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
> Simone

You may want to read Leonard den Ottolander's message:
 Re: Ip masq clients not able to use squid proxy

It may help you here.  Also, one BIG point to remember when adding rules
from the command line: the rules you add end up as the last rule that is
looked at when you use the -A.  This can be a problem when you are
adding a specific rule to override a general rule.  So you may have to
use the -I option so your new rules goes to the top of the chain.  This
is not usulay a problem in a firewall script, where you put the rules in
the order you want.

Mikkel