On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Simone Lucarelli wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:34:41 -0600 (CST)
>  "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > First the easy part - when you were using the modprobe
> > command, did you
> > specify the module name as <module>.o or <module>?
>
> modprobe module

Ok - next dumb question, was the module in the correct directory tree
for the kernel you were running?  For example, if "uname -r" probuces
2.2.17-14, modprobe will only use modules in the /lib/modules/2.2.17-14
tree.

> > Now, for you not being able to connect, what are your
> > firewall rules
> > like?
>
> Put in my rc.local:
> ipchains -P forward DENY
> ipchains -A forward -s xxx.xxx.xx.0/255.255.255.0 -j MASQ

Well, you should have more rules then that, but that is for another
message.  You said you were using Squid as a proxy.  I have a fealing
the problem may be Windows trying to send through the the proxy and
squid isn't set up to handle that connection.

Mikkel