On Sun, 6 May 2001, Steve Kieu wrote:

> I have asked them and they only said I should use
> their web mail instead, their service is not available
> for out look express mail and udora , bla bla.. even
> they do not say anything technically...; They have a
> web based email for their customers but I would like
> to set my own smtp because I use pine and netscape
> using local smtp server and it is faster, more
> convenient. At the moment when I send a message using
> pine or netscape mail, if I am connected through this
> ISP, the mail can not go out, it is relayed in the
> localhost. The message is Network is unreachable
>
> It is fine if I disconnect and re connect with the
> other ISP who has smtp and pop3 ; the mail will be
> sent out. I just guess they block port 25, but may be
> I just ignore it for now, whenever I need to send out
> I use the other ISP (unfortunately this ISP is rather
> slower than that one :-) )
>
> Thanks for your reply.

If you were only using one ISP, I would sugest setting up sendmail to
use the ISP's mail server as a smart relay.  But then you would run into
a problem when you are connected to the ISP mail works with now, unless
they will allow you to relay mail throug them from outside their network
using some for of authoration.  (pop before smtp, smtp auth, etc...)

Mikkel