Can you arrange with your slow ISP to relay your mail when you are
connected to your fast ISP?  You'd need to have an IP to give them.  That
way when connected to either your mail would still go through.

Course, if they filter port 25 then you are out of luck.  I know nothing
about it, but maybe tunnelling via a different port???  Not sure that is
possible, but may be an idea.  Simpler would be to get a decent ISP instead.