From: doug piper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 14 November 2001 10:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: setting up email

Although I have been using Linux fo quite some time, I still have no
clue how to get email working.

I have attempted to set up sendmail, I have attempted to set up
fetchmail and I have tried to use Netscape. Nothing so far gets me my
email so I am forced to reboot into windows, use my Mac, or use another
Windows machine.

Where do I start. (I have read everything that I can get my hands on but
have had not had a breakthrough.) There is nothing exotic about the
server I get my mail from and I have no problems with either Mac or
Windows.

I'd appreciate any bits of wisdom anyone can throw at me.

Thanks,
Doug