Hoping someone here will know about this without much contemplation:

I have a home network with 5 machines. The main machine and dsl
connection is on a RH 7.1 install.  I have samba installed but don't
really configure it for serious work.  In fact no config at all. Just
whatever defaults are set in an rpm install.

Using `out of the box' smbclient, I can connect to my wifes win2k box
with: smbclient //NAME/share -U administrator <enter>

That gives me a password prompt and allows me to enter and stomp
around in the win2k file system.  This minimal access is all I really
want but I would like to be able to shut down the win2k remotely.

Is that something that can be done with this minimal connection?