On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Harry Putnam wrote:
>Using `out of the box' smbclient, I can connect to my wifes win2k box
>with: smbclient //NAME/share -U administrator <enter>
>
>That gives me a password prompt and allows me to enter and stomp
>around in the win2k file system.  This minimal access is all I really
>want but I would like to be able to shut down the win2k remotely.

This connection is just a file share. You cannot use it to give any
commands to the Win2k box other than file management commands (read file,
write file, delete file).

--
Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D