On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Hidong Kim wrote:

> I refuse to believe that I would have to wipe out the current
> installation and start over.  This machine has been working great under
> 6.2.  It's been up like a year under heavy use.  Wiping out and
> reinstalling is not an acceptable upgrade path.  Any suggestions would
> be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Are you sure that that the installer is detecting your disks correctly?
Try switching to the second console (CTRL+ALT+F2) and check /proc/mounts
or 'df' to make sure that the disks are mounted correctly, and space
really isn't an issue.

--
If I had a dollar for every brain that you don't have,
        I'd have one dollar. - Squidward to SpongeBob